Tuesday 27 August 2013

Fall Essentials

First of all, I'd like to say that recently I've been looking at my views on this handy tracking device on blogger, and I've been getting upwards of 10-15 views a day! And while that might seem pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things, to me it seems crazy. 10 people every day are reading my blog and listening to my rambles? I thought I'd just tell you that it does make me happy to know I'm being read. That and your comments inspire me to post more, because I'm not just posting to the internet, I'm posting to people. Now moving on to the actual post...

The top thing I have to have in fall is by far jeans.

Up here in frigid Canada, our fall is not something to mess around with. It gets cold. Jeans are my go-to bottoms almost all the time as they're warm, comfortable, and go with almost everything. I recently bought three pairs of jeans from American Eagle and I can't wait to wear them. American Eagle is my favourite jeans brand because they sell extra long jeans. Yes, I wear extra long jeans, size 6 extra long if you were wondering. I always hated having long legs because my jeans were always too short. ALWAYS. It drove me nuts so I'd pull them down and be left with too-low-on-the-butt pants which are just as bad. I absolutely love that American Eagle has such a good assortment of sizes (though they do only sell the extra long online). Their store also has free shipping to Canada and the US and good discounts—I got all of my jeans for $25 before tax and that's a great bargain considering that usually they're around $50 and last for a very long time. If you have odd proportions like me, I would highly recommend their jeans and their website.

The second staple is cardigans. I currently own three, one in black and one in maroon and a nautical navy red and white one, and they're great to just through on over a tanktop and are so cozy and warm. They go with practically everything and can be dressed up or down. 




My third fall staple is definitely a good pair of boots. Last year I had grey moccasins that I wore all the time, but this year I got an olive-green pair of military-style boots that I'm prepared to wear a lot as well. 




Another fall staple for me would be sneakers. I have a pair of converse high tops in grey and I love them for the warmer fall days. They go with practically everything and look casual and fun.




Fifth fall staple would probably have to be hats. I love a good beret and hats are great for bad hair days or nippy days where your ears get cold. I have a lot of berets and such but not a really good black beanie, so I'm on the search for one of those for fall.



And where would we be without a good pair of black leggings? These can go under a skirt or dress or with a long tunic. The options are endless and I think that if they're done right they can look quite classy. 



Seventh fall staple for me is a bright lip. I feel like a lot of fall clothing is fairly neutral colored which makes it easy to get a berry lip to pop. I especially love the Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Charm, but any dark oxblood, wine, or berry colour would work.


A messy bun. I just feel like there's something fall-ish about the messy bun; I just see it paired with tights and a comfy sweater and it just fits. This is one of my go-to hairstyles on a bad hair day and I especially love it in the fall time. 


That's it for today, hope you enjoyed taking a peek into what I like to wear:) Comment below and tell me if you share some of my fall essentials or what your own are!

xoxo
Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*