Saturday 10 August 2013

Summer Road Trip Part 1

Hey everybody!

Today was my first day back from a wonderful and restful vacation. I'd like to claim that I did nothing ... but the truth is, I only did next to nothing. So the next 3 posts will be dedicated to what I did do. You might think this is horribly boring, but seeing as no-one seems to comment on this blog, it doesn't really matter anyways. 

First, here are some random pics I just snapped on the way to Kenora, which was our final destination. Driving through the prairie provinces were kind of flat, but beautiful, I thought. Or maybe I just want to flaunt my newfound love for my camera.



As we got more into Kenora, I amused myself by trying to snap pictures right as the vehicles passed my window. 





The ride didn't seem to take that long before we arrived at our cabin.


The outside was very pretty, I thought, and so was the greenery all around.





The inside, however ... 

{this shade of green was found seemingly everywhere, but never in the exact same shade. My feelings about this carpet are mixed, as it was delightfully squishy but rather hideous}

{The master bedroom closet/snazzy red capris}

{The living room: ugly floors + mismatched decor + too little in too much space = this}

{the master bedroom. I actually rather liked the wooden framing around the bed. The rest of it? Maybe not so much}

To be fair, there were things I liked, such as the hot tub IN the bedroom


The cool antique light switches found in certain parts of the cabin


And, as I said, the whole outside was beautiful, including the view out our window


And maybe not including our lovely beer umbrella {sorry, Molsen}


My bedroom was pretty special. It included three layers of bedding, all of which on their own weren't the nicest and together were ... well ... special.
{this dashing plaid print was found on the fitted and flat sheets, plus the pillowcases. I like to call it The Lumberjack}

{this light blue fleece was my favourite of all the bedding, because despite how it looks in this picture, it was a rather pretty baby blue, and, more to the point, it kept me from freezing my butt off in the mornings. I call it Bunny Hug}

{the top layer of the bedding was this wonderful beigy floral pattern. For obvious reasons, I call it Hotel}

{If you've been following along, this makes all the bedding together The Lumberjack Bunny Hug Hotel, which sounds like a good name for a hit single}

I shouldn't be so cynical, but I am. Anyways, it wasn't like the decor really bothered me, it was more funny than anything else, but I felt like it had to be pointed out. All in all, I can't complain because the cabin served it's main purpose: housing thousands of games of Dutch Blitz. If you haven't played it, go out and buy it right now. Then proceed to harbour a growing addiction, culminating in the moment when, at eleven at night, you try to bribe your family with chocolate to get them to keep playing, insisting that your seventeen game winning streak is about to end. 

That's part 1! Stay tuned for part 2, which is entitled: Out and About, rather originally I think. 

Angel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*