Monday 29 July 2013

DIY Chalkboard Vases

Hey everyone!
I was reading HGTV magazine, which I picked up as an impulse purchase at Safeway {totally recommend this magazine, by the way. It is full of colour, ideas, and awesomeness} and I came across an article about repurposing all manner of kitchen things as vases. What really struck me was how they used salt and pepper shakers. 


So pretty, right? 

I picked up some s&p shakers at my local thrift store and had them sitting around my room for a while.

But, I also had just bought some chalkboard spray paint at my local hardware store, and thus, an idea was born. {Link here to the spray paint on amazon.ca, I used the one in black}

After much shaking, newspaper, and two coats of spray paint, and some weeds from our backyard, this is the end result:





They are cute. And I love them. Possibly more than I should. I'm going to have to figure out where to put them as currently my mother has commandeered them for the mantle downstairs.

I have not actually tried writing on these to see if the chalkboard paint is actually, well, chalkboard. But I just like the matte black look of them and my brain is already thinking of other things I could spray paint and write on. Because everything looks better with a coat of spray paint. Everything.

<3 Angel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*