Friday 26 July 2013

Drugstore Makeup Haul

I have to preface this by saying I am not a huge makeup person. I don't have a giant collection of makeup, rather, I have hardly a collection at all. But I do admit that I enjoy it. I like the little containers, tubes, pots, and jars makeup comes in and I like the vibrant colours spread out on my bathroom counter. But I'm not an expert by any means and I also don't usually wear it. I probably wear mascara once every two weeks or so, for special occasions, and same with foundation, eyeliner, etc. The only makeup product I use regularly is chapstick and tinted chapstick. That's about it. I enjoy the novelty of makeup, and for me, wearing it every day would not only take away that specialness, I would also be scared I would become dependent. I never want to have so little self-confidence {or heavy reliance} that I can't walk out the door without makeup. That's not the point, I don't think. So by no means am I advocating reliance on makeup, or that you should always wear it {or even that you should wear it at all!} That's my preface. I felt like it had to be said. But without further ado, here is my Summer Makeup Haul!



Everything here I bought from my local Superstore, and most of it was on sale.



This is Rimmell Scandaleyes Mascara in Black. I got it on sale for $7.99 and it came with a fancy eye pencil which I'll show next.



I've never tried Rimmell mascaras before. I have a L'Oreal telescopic one that I love and a Maybelline Falsies, but this one was, as I said, on sale. I tried it out and I think it might be my new favourite. It has bristles right on the end so it's easy to get lashes that evade the main brush without getting mascara all over your eyes. It had really great definition, length, and volume. This gets a two thumbs up!


The eye pencil that went along with the mascara. It's also by Rimmel, no idea what it costs normally.



I tried it out on my arm, and it does flow really smoothly, and it doesn't stick like other pencils I've tried. Will have to start actually using eyeliner now …



L'Oreal nail color, on sale for $5.99. It looks absolutely divine in the bottle., and I was in love with the colour. But unfortunately …


It's really not as nice as it looks in the picture. It's very translucent and not opaque, and the colour does not look nearly as nice on the nail as in the bottle.



They call it miss pixie, but I'm calling it Ripped Off. Because this was a rip off. Don't buy it, folks. 



The next nail polish I got was a Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Gunmetal for $2.29 {can't remember if it was on sale, either way a great price}




As you can see, it's this gorgeous metallic, burnished steel colour. And it does look as good on the nail as in the bottle. I would recommend this to anyone. Also, my friend and I renamed it "War Horse", which I think is much more suiting.



This is a Sally Hansen just like the other one, and also $2.29. 



It is a kind of minty-seafoam colour that I love on everything—walls, furniture, clothing, and, yeah, nail polish. So obviously I bought it. This one we re-named "Grocery Bag" as it was the exact shade of our superstore grocery bags. But still a gorgeous colour that looks great on nails and in the bottle. {Hear that Ripped Off??? Here that????}



BABYLIPS!!!!!!! I am mildly in love with these things. This one is 05, Quenched, and it was $3.97. 



I have two others of these and I love them both to pieces. This one doesn't have a colour, but it smells absolutely fantabulous and feels amazing on your lips as well. Buy this. You will not regret it. 



Rimmel Apocalips. {Clever pun, right?} My friend told me to get this, and she described it as a liquid lipstick. I think they're brand new {at least here in Canada} and it was not on sale, but still a reasonable price of $7.97. 





I originally tried on a different shade that was a little more pinky and brighter, but I opted for this one since it's a little more natural. Maybe as I grow more confident I'll be okay with wearing dazzling bright lips proudly. But for now, I'm pretty smitten by this orangey-reddy-pinky-what-the-heck-color-is-this-anyways lip-thing. That sounded bad. But it's a good product. Trust me. 



I got this Revlon Photoready BB Cream in a set of two identical ones for $15.99 {I think regularly they're $15.99 for one, so it's like a two for one deal} and gave the other one to my friend. 


They only had two shades on the sale rack, Pale and Medium.



But the pale isn't super light {it's kind hard to tell in this picture}



And it is my skin tone, so yay! Haven't really used it yet so can't give a full review, but I'm hopeful. Very hopeful.



Apparantly this pressed powder is what all the beauty gurus are talking about. Or so says my friend. But I believed her, so I bought this Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder at the steep, steep price of $6.47





I got the shade transparent as I wanted something just to brush on my face after using BB cream, because sometimes it looks a little oily. 




And the last thing I got was this mini kabookie brush by Joe Fresh {superstore's brand} on sale for $5.94. It's soft. 


And fluffy. and little. and cute. So I'm happy.

Whew, long post! Not very little. Or fluffy. But hopefully a little cute. And if it made you happy, then it's worth it ;) 

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*