Tuesday 30 July 2013

Feather #2

I know that I said something about Feather #2 being something to do with something. Wow, so descriptive. But that fact is, I can't even remember what that something was going to be. Let alone what that something even was about. So, enough with the somethings and on to new things! I've decided what Feather #2 is going to be.

Cleaning. And by that, I don't really mean vacuuming, washing, etc. I mean what you do when your mom says: "Go clean your room!" {and by that I mean, when you actually do clean your room}. I have a few problems with cleaning, and I'm not sure where any of them really originate, but here they are.

1) I am an all-or-nothing person, or a perfectionist. I feel depressed when things are less-than-perfect and, above all, I find it hard to start. Once I've started, I'm usually okay. But it's just hard for me to get of my rear and do it. Something I'm working on.

2) I HATE putting away laundry. Okay, I amend this statement. I HATE {passionately, and with every fiber of my being} the thought of putting laundry away. The look of a giant pile of laundry to hang up depresses me more than my whole floor being covered in random junk. I will literally put clean clothes in the laundry just because I don't want to hang them up. Don't tell my mother. I'm not sure why I have this aversion {it's clean laundry, not like cleaning up vomit} but I do. That's another thing that will have to be conquered.

3) I think, sometimes, I'm just lazy. Especially in regards to not knowing exactly down to the minute detail how to do something, then I just won't even try to figure it out. 

So in a bid to conquer my depressed, laundry-phobic and lazy self, here is feather #2.

Feather #2: Spend 10 minutes every day tidying my room

I've tried this out already, spending ten minutes or so putting away laundry {gasp!} and doing a quick little tidy. I put some Passenger on and actually had a decent time. So that goes to show you. Sometimes all it takes is getting up off your rear and doing something to make you feel better. And 10 minutes? Really? As many excuses as I make, if I can find time to check my facebook, look at funny animal pictures {don't judge}, or read entire novels, I can find time to tidy for 10 minutes. 

Now, this isn't hard and fast either. If my room happens to be spotless, I'm not going to FIND something to mess up or re-fold my underwear. And if it only takes me five minutes, great. That's fine. It's more that, if my room is a god-awful mess, I'll spend ten minutes, and no longer if I don't want to, tidying. 

As for feather #1, I've completed my goal for the first week, and we'll see how this week goes. I am excited at the prospect of another writing session and possibly might upload my story onto Wattpad. I'll keep you posted if I do.

My July favourites post should be up before the end of July and I've got some other ideas in the works. So keep reading, those of you who are. 

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*