Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites

Hey all!

Here is my first {hopefully of many} monthly favourites video. And boy, did I have a lot of favourites. I had a hard time narrowing it down, so there's a few items here to sort through. But they are all worthy of love. 





I picked up this St. Ives lotion at my local Dollarama for, you guessed it, a dollar. And then I promptly went back and bought four more. It has a great consistency, moisturizes well, and doesn't leave skin sticky. Plus it smells like nutty deliciousness. 


These Claire's sunglasses I picked up on a sale rack for a buck. And they're floral, yes, but vintage enough to be cute, not uber-girly. I can't find them online, but here are some similar adorable ones.


Okay. I cannot say enough good things about this shave cream. It has a great, thick consistency, moisturizes well enough that I don't have to use lotion after shaving {which I normally do}, but, best of all, it smells absolutely divine. Like, I want to eat my legs afterwards divine. In a non-creepy, non-canabalistic kind of way. 


This dragon ear cuff might be my favourite piece of jewellery ever. I got it from a friend whose ear it didn't fit. Lucky for me it fits mine and I just love it. It puts me in touch with my fantasy character self, and, ya know, the more time I spend with that person the better.


BABYLIPS! What can I say other than I love these, they are awesome, and probably the start of a new addiction. Buy them. Buy them all.


This Claire's nail polish doesn't have a name as far as I know. And it was on the sale rack for $1. {I'm a bargain hunter, unashamedly} But my friend and I renamed it Coastal Shelf and it is a gorgeous greeny-blue colour {looks different on the nails}. I was rocking it in my outfit of the day post found HERE. Though I think it's discontinued, here's the most similar colour I could find in the Claire's line online. 


Mason jars. Versatile, funky, vintage, useful ... and the list goes on! These things are great for everything. This one is happily holding some of my pens and pencils in my room. It was the victim of a tinting-experiment-gone-wrong, or rather, not really gone at all. It has a very faint purplish sheen, but really, not much to speak of. Doesn't really matter though, they're pretty all by themselves. 


Candles. Any kind, really, but this Betty Crocker Blueberry Pie candle smells, well, like blueberries. And that is enough to make it a definite favourite. I can't find these for sale anywhere, so I have to assume they don't make them anymore or sell them online. But if you can find one, buy it, and smell it all. day. long.


Confession. I only watched Grease a few days ago, with my brother. And I'm fifteen. So, that's pretty shameful. But it was pretty good. Very cheesy, kinda scary with the thirty-year-old-high-school-students, but overall? It made me laugh a lot. And so it's a win.


This book is amazing. It's got a good plot, good characters, and a fantastical romance. So buy it. Buy it now, read it, fall in love with Azriel, and ignore the fact that the book is actually missing from this picture because I lent it to my neighbour. Because it's that good. 


On a completely different reading note, Quiet was another different, but equally as good read. I am an unabashed introvert, and I found it comforting, interesting, and stimulating to read about introverts and how society deals with them, and sometimes how we deal with ourselves. If you're an introvert or interested about introverts, or, heck, just interested about society and personalities, you won't regret buying or reading this.

Sock buns. {How-to HERE} These are so easy to do, work on bad-hair days, and look classy. I'm not a hair person, I barely do or know how to do anything with my hair. But I can and do do this. And no, that is not me in the picture. But it is a sock bun. Which are my favourite. Obviously.

I'm running out of things to say and adjectives to describe my liking for things. But that does conclude my first favourites post {there's nowhere to go from here but up} and I hope you enjoyed at least a little, or maybe even share some of the same loves as I do!

Angel



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey random person!
I'm so glad you've taken the time to tell me something. It means so much to me to know that I'm being read and heard. Thank you, thank you, thank you *Grovels*